April 28, 2017

May Machine Embroidery Classes

I have all of my samples ready to show you for the May classes at Quilts and Lace.  I had a lot of fun stitching them and I can't wait to share them with you! 

The first one is the May Flowers bench pillow from the Kimberbell Embroidery design line.  Very cute and just in time for a nice Mother's Day gift.  Most of the pillow's design is done on the embroidery machine, but there are a few extra dimensional goodies added.  I will be teaching this one on Thursday May 11 starting at 10:00 AM.


Here in the close-ups you can see the added ribbon flowers, buttons, and even a little bee.




Beth promised that at least every other month she would have a class available for her customers whose embroidery machines were only capable of stitching out a 4x4 design. To fulfil this promise for the Kimberbell Embroidery Club, which is on Tuesday May 23 at 4:00 PM, I selected a very cute little 'stitch and flip' house project.  This class is a good one for learning how to do a modified style of paper piecing, only it's done in the embroidery machine. 


On Monday May 29th at 10:00 AM, I will be teaching how to make a little gift bag in the hoop.  It is a very clever Kimberbell design, made completely in the hoop and the little bag is even lined.  It's from the Sweet Sentiments collection.


Then on Tuesday May 30 at 2:00 PM there will be another mug rug class.  I already posted the picture  here.  It is the very cute Bless My Bloomers one.

Next week I will give you a little sneak peek on how the competition quilts are progressing!

No comments:

Post a Comment