May 08, 2017

Quilt Competition Progress

Today I thought I would share how I am progressing on my three competition quilts.  In case you are new here and didn't get my post on which three competitions I am entering this year, you can get caught up here.

I have made the most progress on the Hoffman Challenge quilt.  The top is completed. I still need to make a backing, a 4" sleeve (for hanging), quilt and bind it, and then make a label for it.  I don't want to show you a picture of the quilt in progress because I always like to submit them for judging first.  But, I will give you a little sneak peek of one completed block. I did tease that the little shirt blocks might show up in the quilt!


I have also progressed a lot on the Kaffe Fassett Artisan quilt.  The quilt that I designed needed a total of 100 blocks stitched.  I have completed 75 of them.  Good progress, but even after I have the remaining 25 stitched, I will still have to make a backing, quilt and bind it, etc.  Here is a little sneak peek of one of the blocks.


I am concentrating on the Kaffe quilt right now because its completion date is June 2.  Once I finish it and get it sent to the competition judges, I will then finish up the Hoffman quilt.

Although the Moda Bella Challenge quilt is not due until September, I am already working on it.  The quilt has been designed and the main block that I am going to use Chantell has already digitized.  The embroidery designs that I plan on using are almost done, Mia is working on the few that still need to be digitized.  No blocks have been stitched yet, so I don't have a preview of one to show you. 

Progress has been made, but deadlines are getting closer, so I will be attached to my embroidery machine most of this month!


No comments:

Post a Comment