March 24, 2013

Curvy Quilt

I mentioned in my last blog that I had been distracted for a week or so with another project.  Thought that I would give you a little peek at what I was up to.  I had bought some really great fabrics called Taxi, from Hawthorne Threads (one of my favorite online fabric stores)  a few months ago.  Maybe longer, since we know that times does fly.   I did notice that they got some more of the fabric in just recently, so it should still be available if you are interested. http://www.hawthornethreads.com/fabric/designer/alice_kennedy/taxi

For this project I used a new set of blocks from Chantells Creations.  These are made 'in the hoop' using my Babylock Ellisimo's 8"x8" hoop.  I stitched out 30 of the blocks and then attached them together using a zig zag stitch, and then a satin stitch on top of that.  I then bound the quilt in the traditional manner.

Here is a close up view of two of the blocks.


No comments:

Post a Comment