March 09, 2013

Applique Square

Ok, I have to admit, I have been stuck in a non-creative place for awhile.  I can't just sit down and start sewing or embroidering without it 'talking' to me.  I have tons of ideas and projects that I plan on doing, but if it's not sparking the creative flow, nothing is happening.  I can spend hours searching the Internet, or looking at my quilting books and magazines, before an idea jumps out and says 'pick me!'
Well something did finally talk to me last week and I have made a start.  I have one 'block' made.
In this process, I make individual 'quilt in the hoop' blocks, then when they are all completed, I stitch them together.  Thanks to Mia, who digitized the applique square for me and the designs that I am using in the middle, the idea is moving ahead. 
Here is the first block.  I plan on using many different colored blocks and matching the inside design to the color of the applique square.  It's hard to see in this picture, but the applique square is mounted on a 6x6 white square which was done 'in the hoop' of my Babylock embroidery machine.  As I work along, I will post some of the different blocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment