I spent most of the month of June trying to figure out some of the technical problems associated with the design I wanted to achieve with the Hoffman quilt. I had a very clear picture of what I wanted to do, but some of the ideas needed to be tweaked in order for the idea to be executed. I even gave up on the whole idea for several weeks. Then I figured out a work around in my sleep one night (which is where a lot of my design issues are worked out). But I didn't wake up and write it down, so the solution was lost. Last weekend I was having breakfast with a friend and I was trying to explain to her why I had given up on completing the quilt challenge. While I was explaining to her what I was having difficulty accomplishing, the solution came back to me.
Now that I have figured out that it can be accomplished, I am stitching like a mad woman trying to get all the embroidery done. I am running out of time since the quilt has to be in Hoffman's hands by the 19th of July. I have four panels stitched and a lot more to go (not sure exactly how many yet). I think I can share one small panel here without spoiling the surprise of the quilt. Mostly to prove that I have been stitching!