June 29, 2013

Hoffman Challenge Update

I spent most of the month of June trying to figure out some of the technical problems associated with the design I wanted to achieve with the Hoffman quilt.  I had a very clear picture of what I wanted to do, but some of the ideas needed to be tweaked in order for the idea to be executed.  I even gave up on the whole idea for several weeks.  Then I figured out a work around in my sleep one night (which is where a lot of my design issues are worked out).  But I didn't wake up and write it down, so the solution was lost.  Last weekend I was having breakfast with a friend and I was trying to explain to her why I had given up on completing the quilt challenge.   While I was explaining to her what I was having difficulty accomplishing, the solution came back to me. 

Now that I have figured out that it can be accomplished, I am stitching like a mad woman trying to get all the embroidery done.  I am running out of time since the quilt has to be in Hoffman's hands by the 19th of July.  I have four panels stitched and a lot more to go (not sure exactly how many yet).  I think I can share one small panel here without spoiling the surprise of the quilt.  Mostly to prove that I have been stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment